Guest Post! Sandy Calico from Baby Baby joins us…
March 5, 2010 § 4 Comments
Firstly thank you to Sam from Mumazing for making me feel so welcome on her blog. Thanks also to Erica at LittleMummy.com for creating Guest Post Day.
My name is Sandy Calico and I write the blog blog Baby Baby (http://sandycalico.blogspot.com/) about life with my husband Andy and our two sons, born within a year of each other. Presley is two and a half and Cash is eighteen months. I’m a stay at home mum and I write when my children are asleep.
Some people wait for the perfect moment to orchestrate their perfect moments in life. They wait to get married, buy a house or have a baby. This could mean they find themselves waiting for a very long time, maybe forever. The quest for perfectionism can lead to disappointment.
Small can be perfect too.
Life with young children can be tough. It can take an hour to get them ready to leave the house, just to go to the local shop to buy milk. They can squeal until it sets your teeth on edge. They can push each other over, be selfish with their toys or throw food on the carpet at every single mealtime.
What if you take a step back from the grind of daily life? What if you count your blessings and focus on the lovely, heart-warming, perfect moments that happen every day? They can make you smile. They can make you burst with pride. They can take your breath away.
Here are my top ten perfect moments, just from today:
- Waking up at 7am to the sound of Presley singing to his soft toys and realising that I hadn’t been woken in the night, not once!
- Going into Cash’s bedroom this morning and hearing him happily cry ‘Mummy’ when he saw me.
- Watching two golden heads bent over the toy car transporter, playing together, before hearing Presley say ‘Cash, play cars’ and handing his brother a toy car to push up and down the kitchen. This kept them occupied for ages. I read some blogs.
- Realising that Presley, who didn’t say a great deal until he turned two, can sing many nursery rhymes all the way through. I forgave him for demonstrating this through a massive mouthful of apple.
- Watching Cash ‘Wind The Bobbin Up’. He knows nearly all of the words, as well as the actions. My baby is growing up!
- Hearing Presley, who normally only speaks to people he knows really well (his parents, mainly), saying ‘bye man’ to the British Gas engineer who serviced our boiler and ‘bye’ to the woman in the Post Office.
- Andy asking ‘Where are Mr Potato Head’s ears?’, Presley replying ‘In his bum.’. This was true, they were in his back compartment!
- Making Cash giggle by turning my head sharply and saying ‘boo’ to him. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world.
- Presley running over for a goodnight kiss and cuddle before his Daddy took him to bed.
- Kissing Cash’s soft, fleshy face before putting him to bed.
What are your perfect moments?